Thursday, July 26, 2007

Threaded Discussions

The idea of threaded discussions is great for older students. As a kindergarten teacher, I cannot see how this would be application would be feasible to use in the classroom. It would take quite a bit of teacher/assistant time during the day to make this work. However, with older kids I could see this being a great way to discuss classroom topics outside of a discussion circle, thus allowing your less confident children a chance to participate as well. It is a pressure free way to express ideas with a group of people.

1 comment:

Kim Dooley said...

Lisa I agree with you. This would be a tough tool to use with younger students. I do not feel that I could use it even with second graders. Although it has been a great tool for us to use in this class. I feel that more professors should use this tool for out of class discussions as well. We should tell Dave to suggest that to his friends at Appalachian.