Thursday, July 26, 2007

Social Bookmarking

I love the idea of social bookmarking. This could be extremely useful in the kindergarten classroom when doing web "research" with smaller children. I would go through and weed out bad sites and put only the sites I want the to go to on my bookmarking list and then allow them to explore safe, previewed websites. This could be used for research of a theme we are working on, or we could use it to allow the children a choice of websites to go to during free center time that would have educational games for them to play.
This also is a great way to travel with my favorites. Instead of always putting new links into my favorites I could place them into my bookmarkings and be able to access them from any computer that has internet access.

No comments: