Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Electronic still books

This project was so much fun for me. There are so many different ideas you could use to create a electronic still book. I used one of my favorite children's books, Daisy 1 2 3, to provide the pictures and text. Later I went in and added sound effects and a way for the page to be read to a student out loud. I loved the idea that many of my classmates created books from pictures that they had taken, a way to get to know them better. I can see a use for this project in the classroom - a new and updated version of the old book and tape center. This way the children can control how fast the pages go, decide if they want to read it alone or with assistance and listen to the added sound effects if they so desire. My concern doing a book the way I did, using pictures and text from a published book, is the issue of copyright law.

No comments: